Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week in Review

Total Distance: 26.01 mi
Dedicated Time: 03:18:20 h:m:s

I mentioned that I felt it was time for an easy week, but this honestly wasn't what I had in mind. I got in a good long run this week, but that's about it. I feel my problems lately are mostly psychological and I have a plan to get through them. This heavy training, and everything that goes with it, represents an enormous lifestyle change for me. It's a positive change, but enormous nonetheless. Another runner told me recently that it's important to just keep at it, to get into a routine, and then all else will fall into place. I'm not quite there yet but I'm getting closer. I suppose the good news here is that I feel like I'm way off the chosen path and still running decent times.

I got some new shoes, and despite the fact I hate how they look, they feel pretty good so far - 20 miles in. Hopefully they have about another 400 in them?? For whatever reason I really want Saucony to be the one right now for trainers; Nikes may not be beatable for durability but I had comfort issues with them, hence the desire to switch in the first place. After running a quick 10 miles today in some new shoes I can say I'm pretty happy so far with the Saucony Grid.

I ran roughly 42 miles last week. I'm interesting in continuing to increase the mileage. I do want to run some fast 5Ks, but given my injury recovery I won't realistically be a factor in the GPX until at least next year. At some point I need to prepare my body for marathon training again, so I'm going to continue upping the miles...carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment