Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Breeze Re-Hash

Distance: 6.01 mi
Time: 00:46:21 - 7:42 ppm
Running Buddy

I found myself at Freedom Park today, which is not the least bit unusual; however, instead of running one of my normal loops I decided I wanted to run the Summer Breeze course again. I just can't get over that Queens Road hill. I run it all the time. It was long, sure, and this course was certainly a lot harder than I gave it credit for previously. But I just can't get why I didn't think it was necessary to surge up the hill. I would have been sapped, sure, but then would have had a long downhill and a flat half-mile finish. Still shaking my head...

The good news is I'm not just continuing to whine about a poor performance: I am racing again this Saturday. I have no idea what the course will be like; Allen Strickland implied that it will be tough. I'm not really going for time, anyway, I just want to see a better effort out of myself.

After I finished the course I ran up some side roads and back down Park Road/Scott Avenue. I got in about six easy miles for the day. I'm glad I got my workout over with yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment