Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Break from the Heat

Distance: 7.38 mi
Time: 00:56:04 - 7:35 ppm
Running Buddy

I didn't get out there as early as planned today, but as promised we've had a break from the heat. It was 84 degrees instead of 97 and I could tell a big difference as I ran a route at McAlpine that I've now done at least the last three Tuesdays in a row. I guess I got sick of that Freedom Park route for the time being, after all. Through the last mile of the course I started thinking about past races - and future races - and as a result the pace dropped a good bit.

So far I think I've been training pretty smart, cutting back here and there and increasing little by little every other week. That is good. What's bad is that I continue going into each week without really knowing what I'm going to do, and just making it up on the fly. I need to lay out a long-term training plan and adjust it or stick to it accordingly. Even if I'm the one writing it, a structured plan would probably do me some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment