Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tempo Fail with Anne Marie

5.81 mi in 00:49:31 - 8:31 ppm

I met Anne Marie at Old Bell at 6 a.m. to "help" with her tempo workout for the day. She was supposed to a 2-mile warmup and cooldown and a 3-mile tempo run, starting at 7:35 pace and dropping. When we got to the park we took off on the course, starting off a bit too quick and then slowing down. She asked me to pace so she wouldn't have to look at her watch, and I don't mind I did a pretty good job getting us slowed down from a quick start to come through the first mile in 7:32. However, I wasn't able to hang around much longer on account of stomach issues once again. Other than cross country base training in high school and college, this is the first time I've really attempted to train hard through the summer months, and it's been a drag. Ah well, fall will be here before we know it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment