Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shoe Shopping?! Already?!

Distance: 3.00 mi
Time: 23:45/7:53 ppm

As discussed, the Brooks Defyance 4, for which I paid about $100.00, are at the end of the road after fewer than 300 miles. The Nike Dart 8, a basic neutral trainer that cost $40, lasted 501 miles - 501!!! - for me last fall. Granted, that was too much; I probably could have done well to park them after 400. But still - that's over 100 more miles than the Brooks! And I run on the trails a lot, too!

Anyway, I decided I'd take advantage of my ability to wear a neutral shoe by buying something basic again, and I went with the Saucony Grid Cohesion. I found a sweet Air Force-blue edition on Eastbay but I didn't want to wait a week for it to get here so I went ahead and bought what Dick's had to offer: a dark grey style that likely looks very funny on me, but oh well. I ran around my parents' neighborhood in them and they felt pretty good. I can probably get a few more miles out of the Brooks but I feel like I have a decent shoe for when they finally kick the bucket. Also - and this is the exciting part - I think I've picked out a pair of racing flats for the next time I decide to toe the line.

Stay tuned!

P.S. No Running Buddy details for this run because I left it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment