Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week in Review

Total Distance: 27.27 mi
Dedicated Time: 03:33:42 h:m:s

Had I actually gotten in a long run this would not have been such an easy week, but I suppose it's just as well. I'm slowly but surely creeping back up in to the forties for my weekly mileage, and from there I'll go on, but I don't want to rush into it. Again, trying to avoid making the mistakes I made last fall that led to my injury. Speaking of which, I have yet to report on the body's feelings: I'm still doing the seated calf raises regularly, and they seem to be doing wonders for my lower extremities. I was constantly stretching my shins and my feet last fall, which in combination to the overtraining likely contributed to the injury. Now, I can clearly see that the calf raises are building up muscle around the injured area in the hopes of preventing further damage - with the added bonus that my support system is stronger down low.

I will not be racing this week but it should be high mileage nonetheless. Repeating a workout again I'm going to do half-mile repeats this Wednesday - and I haven't decided what workout number two will be. I hope to get in 10-12 miles for the Sunday long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment