Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Course Preview??

Distance: 7.00 mi
Time: 00:51:56/7:24 pace

I was going to run just 5 miles today, but since I'm racing at McAlpine this weekend I thought I'd venture on to the park and run the whole course. It's always good to get a course preview, right? I joke, I joke. Really I just felt like running longer. Oh well.

I made a point to get things going a little quicker this time, as discussed before. That won't always be the case, but today I was able to average 7:25 pace. Not too bad.

Lately, Eggers and I have discussed how the downhill on the course has gotten progressively steeper over the years. Basically, it's just eroding at the top, but it's become steep enough to pose serious risk, especially for a bigger lad like myself. Today, I wasn't running all that fast and nearly lost it coming down that thing. Other than that, this was a good run.

Details

No comments:

Post a Comment