Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Early Friday at McMullen

Distance: 5.00 mi
Time: 00:40:05/8:01 pace

My company is strewn out all over town this weekend, including a 6:30 a.m. start at Quail Hollow this morning. I drove by there to set up and then headed around the corner to the McMullen greenway for this one.

I didn't really focus much on running today. I tried to think about tomorrow's race. I wasn't really nervous this time but I was really looking forward to it. I did actually make a point to notice whether or not Running Buddy was in tune with the mileage posts on the greenway. I was a little bit behind after mile one and stayed the same distance behind for the next three miles. Then, it evened out as I came in for the last mile, putting me at exactly 5 miles and dead even with the posts. Your guess is as good as mine, but I didn't really have much else on my mind.

There was a loud whirring noise permeating the woods surrounding the greenway throughout this one. It sounded like an alien spaceship had landed nearby. I did not stick around to find out if the aliens were friendly or not.

Details

No comments:

Post a Comment