Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Freedom Park shines

Distance: 6.00 mi
Time: 00:46:26/7:44 ppm

Another easy run meant another run from Freedom Park. The sunbathing beauties were out today as I strolled around the lake and headed through the Queens neighborhoods. The racing, long runs, and increased intensity during workouts have made it nearly impossible for me to feel fresh on easy days, so today I just tried to grind it out and give the legs a break. I'm really starting to feel strong again, and I'm starting to look like a runner again - which is to say I'm losing my gut. Hopefully I won't get injured again, but if I do I need to do a better job of keeping my fitness levels high so that I'm not going back to square one after recovery. But let's not worry about that... I'm struggling to get out the door early for one reason or another, but the heat is gradually forcing my hand. It's getting tough to crank these out at 2 in the afternoon.

Running Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment