Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Short Tempo Run

Distance: 5.00 mi
Time: 00:34:50/6:57 pace

Goal: Run a tough workout, but do something a little longer and slower in order to keep the legs from getting too sore.

As stated above, I didn't want to do anything too speed-intensive with the race coming up. My leg muscles have been a little tight lately. I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to do mile repeats or a tempo run, so I asked my friends to decide for me. With the score even, Kati Robertson broke the tie by picking a tempo. I was either going to do 5 miles or 7, depending on how I held up in the heat.

I didn't hold up in the heat. I also started off too fast (again), running mile one just over 7, and basically just kind of kept the pace there the whole run. And I was definitely done after five miles. I did run a 6:49 in there somewhere, and managed a 7:03 on the hill mile, so this wasn't a total wash. But with tired legs and the humidity to deal with, I couldn't do a whole lot. Oh, and I almost busted my ass on the downhill again. I may try rappelling down it at the race on Saturday.

I also did a short cooldown after I was done with this one.

Details

No comments:

Post a Comment