Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Half-Milers at McMullen

Warmup: 2.03 mi in 16:08
Workout: 8 x half-mile at race pace goal with 2 min rest between sets.
Cooldown: 0.92 mi in 12:06.
Running Buddy


Note to self: do not eat Qdoba on workout days, especially when it's hot. For the most part I felt strong out there today, but poor dieting and dehydration had my stomach in knots. I don't care how good you feel, when aliens are threatening to fly out your guts, you can only run so fast. I ran a slower pace on these than I did for the mile repeats a week ago. The good news is that I did at least finish the workout - though not the cooldown, as you can see above - and that my last half was the fastest.

Splits were 3:05, 3:04, 3:04, 3:07, 3:08, 3:03, 3:06, 3:02.

I did these on the mostly flat terrain of the McMullen greenway. I used to hate that place but it's rapidly growing on me. Although it's right in the middle of a dense residential area in south Charlotte, it gives the impression of pure wilderness. It runs alongside a row of houses for a good bit, but even then it's only on one side, with the other being dense woods and at some points eerie marshland. It's actually quite enjoyable. I think I only grew to detest it last fall because Oelz always suggested it over McAlpine.

No comments:

Post a Comment