Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Long Run with a Heavy Heart

Distance: 10.16 mi
Time: 01:19:02/7:46 ppm

Last night around 8 p.m. I found out that one of my closest friends had unexpectedly lost his father yesterday afternoon. Without mentioning names at this point, I can tell you that this is someone who has been a friend of mine since childhood, and I have always been close to his family. I have many fond memories of getting in trouble together, competing together, and enjoying the support of his parents in addition to my own. My heart was with the family today as I set out for the Sunday long run.

Things have been pretty exciting around here on account of the PGA tournament being in town once again, and I decided to sleep in for a bit. This wouldn't leave me much time as I had tickets myself, but I was proud of myself for not skipping the run and getting the miles in.

Get the miles in, I did. This ended up being my longest run since I have recovered from my injury. I ran from home up through town, then darted over to the south end and out past Freedom Park before heading back home. The pace wasn't that great but I was tired and dehydrated so it's all right. I felt good about being done, and then I headed for Championship Sunday at Quail Hollow for the sixth year in a row.

Details

No comments:

Post a Comment