Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week In Review

Total Distance: 32.95 mi
Dedicated Time: 04:19:09

Things are still a little bit out of focus for me, but I'm putting in the work. There really won't be any way to tell where I am until I actually show up for a race; I'm not all that encouraged right now but again, I know I'm putting in the work so it will come. I'm slowly progressing into a new schedule that will heavily favor quality over quantity, and I'm looking forward to that.

My buddies Eggers and Brinkley ran the CPCC Skyline 5k yesterday, and Eggers was pretty miffed about his performance. I drew some inspiration from this race recap and this next post explaining that things need to change. That's just what it's all about. It's motivating to know we're all people with good jobs, great friends (in Eggers' case a wife and daughter) - basically, alot to be thankful for - and still getting pissed off and ready to drop the hammer when things don't go well in a race or workout.

I have already discussed wanting to change the schedule to start doing two speed workouts every week (or one plus a race) plus a good, semi-fast long run. Well, Eggers and I also discussed keeping our easy runs short but a little faster, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment