Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

To Freeze Or Not To Freeze

Distance: 15 mi.
Time: 1:54:58.
Pace: 7:39.

I was excited about meeting the contingent led by Paul at Old Bell this morning, but a busy night at work and an aggressive cold front had me rethinking things. Also, the idea of having to be in a certain place at a certain time is one of the many things that is making running feel like a job to me these days. I need to snap out of this eventually lest I become a running hermit, but for today I was willing to exchange good company for warmer temperatures.

I set out my back door in the direction of McAlpine Park by way of Randolph and Sardis. Once there, I took a system check and realized I would be better served by cutting this one short and doubling up later.    The sidewalks were prevalent on this one, and my legs took a pounding, all felt in the groin and hamstrings (certainly better than if it was the knees and shins, mind you).

No comments:

Post a Comment