Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

System Update

I have increased the mileage lately, and I'm pleased to report that the body has handled it well thus far. I have been eating and sleeping much better than I did last fall, and while I haven't nailed down an exact routine, I've been doing my drills more and more as a method to prevent injury. ("Drills" consists of lunges, calf raises, wall sits, and post-run stretching more than normal).

I have done two good long runs already after fearing that I had gotten behind: an 18.5-miler and a 20-miler. I hope to do a 22 and another 20. As far as races are concerned, I have to say that I am indeed going to pass on the Cupid's Cup 5k. I am eyeing the Charlotte 10-miler that goes down the McMullen greenway and is held later this month. The mileage will only get higher and the work even harder between now and then, but after that it will be taper time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment