Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Breaking In The Racers!

Warmup: 1.51 mi. in 12:51.6 - 7:58 ppm.
Workout: 5.0 mi. in 32:27.5 - 6:29 ppm.
Cooldown: 0.79 mi. in 6:30.87 - 8:15 ppm.

I finally bought a pair of racing flats recently, and they arrived last Thursday via UPS. They are the Nike Luna Racer 2. They came in several different colors, but only a select few styles were on sale. I ended up with fluorescent orange and teal - Miami Dolphins colors. They were only $50 with the sale and they look pretty badass. I ran around them some in the parking lot when they arrived, but today I wanted to put them to work. I  have signed up for the Salisbury Winter Flight 8k this Saturday, and I wanted to try these before toeing the line.

I showed up to the Met to run the Tuesday night Meetup route, once again on Wednesday and by myself for this week. I was a bit pressed for time so I cut my warmup short and then changed shoes. I felt light and very fast with these bad boys on my feet. I did stop about a mile into the workout to make a shoelace adjustment, but after that, everything felt great. To my pleasant surprise, the pavement didn't beat up my feet too badly. I finished the run and didn't have any blisters or any kind of pain at all, and I seem to have figured out the lacing setup - always an issue for me.

I averaged 6:29 pace again for the five-mile route. It didn't feel all that hard, which is good because the race is just a couple days away. More on that later, though. I begrudgingly cut my cooldown short, as well, because I had somewhere to be later, but I managed to get in a good bit of calf stretching later on in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment