Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bite Me

Distance: 8.47 mi.
Time: 1:05:01.
Pace: 7:41.

After some hard running followed by some hard slacking, it came as no surprise that I was very tight on today's easy run. I ran around the neighborhood for awhile. I stopped at Kati Robertson's place to congratulate her on a good 5k earlier in the day, but she was not home. With lonely spirits I trudged towards home, by way of Selwyn Avenue, whereupon I would find my left hand in the mouth of a very large dog. I was approaching a woman who was having a hard time getting Fido to sit and stay at the crosswalk. I zigged when I should have zagged, and as I put my hand out to keep the animal at bay, it jumped up and took hold of said hand. He didn't clamp down hard, though; if anything I think he was trying to play. The woman apologized profusely but I just shrugged and ran home.

No comments:

Post a Comment