Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Long Run

8.33 mi in 01:05:04 - 7:48 ppm

Since I'm racing this Sunday, I had a dilemma to solve for the training week: I could do my long Friday, two days before my race; I could do it Monday, the day after the race; or I could skip a long run altogether. The last option was out. The middle option seemed appealing at first but I figured it would alter my weekly planning too greatly, seeing as how Monday is, in fact, a part of next week. This was supposed to be a shorter long run so I chose the first option.

I wanted to do at least 10 but I decided to sleep in, putting me out there in the heat. I was sore from yesterday's workout and distracted by the feeling of having new shoes on my feet (new shoes that I decided to break in with a 200-meter workout...ha). I got in a little over 8 and figured that was enough. I was doing so well with getting up and out the door early, and now I've reverted back to my old, evil ways. Efffff...

No comments:

Post a Comment