Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Long Run - Fast Finish?

Distance: 10.88 mi.
Time: 01:23:30 - 7:39 ppm.
Running Buddy

Today I was supposed to do 10-11 miles "with a fast finish." I started around 7:30 from near Park Road shopping center, ran down Park, through some neighborhoods, up a few hills, and found myself on South Boulevard. I looped around back there in the South End area before coming through the south side of downtown and heading towards the Little Sugar Creek greenway. I got in a groove of 7:28 pace (or so) and soon came to regret it.

I ran through the park and back up towards Selwyn Avenue. From here, I would take Park back to Seneca and I would be done. The fast finish idea was slowly going out the window. I felt I was hanging on as this was yet another disgustingly muggy day. When I turned on Seneca, I found life, and sprinted up the hill, ensuring that my last hill was at least my fastest, if not actually marathon goal pace as directed. Oh well. Whoever wrote my plan left out the part about adjusting pace expectations for the heat and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment