Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week in Review

49.21 miles in a dedicated time of 06:19:26 h:m:s

I got in a solid, fun week of running, mostly in groups, despite a stress-induced stomach virus that sapped me of energy. This was my highest week of mileage this year, too.

You may notice that I didn't run a workout. It suddenly dawned on me that if I'm going to do a 17-week training program, then the marathon schedule needs to start soon. I found a program online that I think would suit me, and I'm going to begin it the week of July 18th. It will be easy at first, and after some solid training and a decent amount of racing lately I decided I could use a bit of a break. I discussed this with Billy and he gave me the following advice concerning the coming week: no workouts and no long runs, and if I don't feel like running, then don't. Sounds easy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment