Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week in Review

Distance: 30.71 miles
Time: 03:56:13

I gave myself a much-needed day off today instead of running with Eggers. Hopefully, he'll still be my friend. I have gone from mileage weeks of 19, 13,  and 23 up to almost 31, so it was time to hit the skids. I went from feeling sluggish to fresh to worn out again by this week.

My plan for the week is to do easy runs of 5 miles or so on Tuesday and Thursday, a workout on Wednesday (probably a fartlek at McAlpine), about 9 on Saturday, and nothing Monday, Friday, or Sunday. So that should give me about 25 miles or so for the week, in four days. That's not much and will be a cutback from last week. I'm trying to stay focused on how the body feels, trim excess fat, and cut out the "trash miles" - extra miles on easy runs and extra days that I really don't need right now.

Wednesday's workout should go a long way towards determining my progress. It's been a long time since I made myself hurt. CAN'T WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment