Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

New route? Nah, not yet

Distance: 6.47 mi
Time: 00:48:25/7:36 pace

I decided to run the same Freedom Park/Booty Loop route once again. I haven't gotten tired of it yet! I set off around 1:30 in the afternoon and it was hot and pretty humid once again, but I seem to be adjusting to that so far. I did decide to make a change to the route, though: instead of continuing on the Booty Loop where one of the Queens roads crosses Selwyn, I turned right on another Queens road, then left on yet another Queens road - this last Queens Road being the one that turns into Morehead Street and leads to a pretty tough hill. Ah, hills! How I have missed thee. Maybe I'm due for a date with Old Bell soon? Easy, easy...

This route led me to Kenilworth, where I turned right and headed towards the Metropolitan, this time entering the greenway from the opposite side, where I don't have to dodge shopping traffic. I got baked by the sun once again, and therefore slowed down once again, but this time I ran all the way around the lake before finishing.

Stats and Map

No comments:

Post a Comment