Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Long Run with Brinkley

 Time: 0:55:36/7:38 per mile
Distance: 7.20 miles

I made plans to meet up with Dave sometime before 9a.m. to do part of his long run with him. I wanted to do 7-8 and he wanted to do 10, so he sent me a text when he got to McAlpine to let me know he was starting the first two. I immediately headed to the park and got there right as he was finishing his first two miles.

Now, being that I've been out for awhile, I have developed an awful habit of staying out late on Friday nights, and last night was no exception. I could barely keep my eyes open at the beginning of this run, and my stomach felt enormous. I felt like I was carrying two Jasons around the trails for most of this run. I just told myself to let the pain be a reminder that I need to get back in the groove, which means no more late Friday nights!

Dave and I went up the greenway and decided to run the course backwards. I continued to feel awful and decided I didn't want to add any extra to the end of the run. However, on the last two miles back to the car I found my stride opening up and we picked up the pace. I ran my last full mile in 7:03 then called it quits as Dave took off down Old Bell to run one more mile.

So there ya have it, I ended up feeling great at the end of an otherwise awful run. As I said, I just need to get back in the groove. From now on Saturday morning means we get to do a long run!

Stats and Map

No comments:

Post a Comment