Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Short Run.....or Not

I had every intention of running about four miles today, but that didn't happen. I ended up hitting over 7. I need an intervention. I did figure out how the trick to running slower in the early going, though - run uphill for the first mile! I went up Randolph and made my way over to Sharon Road, part of the Booty Loop, and then back up the hill on Sherwood before finding myself in the Eastover neighborhood by the Mint Museum of Art. Here, I saw two girls running by, waved, then realized that one of them was Emily Barrett. We exchanged pleasantries, she introduced me to her friend, then I decided to run with them back out of the neighborhood for a bit. Why not? I had already run way further than intended, why not make the run even longer? I began to tire and limped to the finish. The calf raises are really wearing out my quads (I know that doesn't make sense, but it's from holding my legs in place) and I also didn't eat all that well today, so I was low on energy all around. There were several 8:00-plus miles in there and my average was 7:49.

Stats and Map

No comments:

Post a Comment