Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Week In Review

Distance: 27.9 miles.
Highlights: A couple of good tempo runs; some cold-weather running gear purchased and received; marathon planning.

This week marked the end of my slacking period that followed Thunder Road. I am proud to say that, while the mileage was low due to many days off, I still ran at least 10-11 miles every week for a long run and put together several good workouts - not to mention a great race - during this "slack" period.

More importantly, I made a choice for the next marathon, or at least the next marathon's date: it will be March 18, either at Tobacco Road or Wrightsville Beach. I am strongly leaning towards Wrightsville but am going to wait a bit before making a final decision.

I found a new marathon plan, and I'm thrilled to get started. It is much more mileage-based than my last one, with heavy emphasis on medium-long runs and tempo runs, and without all those crappy 800- and 400-meter repeats. In fact, this plan is similar to what I did in the fall of 2010, when I achieved good fitness remarkably quickly by piecing together some marathon workouts with the help of Eggers, Brinkley, and Oelz. I will be doing a 12-week cycle which starts this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment