Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Get Some Booty

Warmup: 3.0 mi. in 24:06.81 - 8:03 ppm.
Workout: 5.09 mi in 33:45.23 - 6:38 ppm.
Cooldown: 0.7 mi in 5:41.1 - 8:22 ppm.

Today I showed up to the Charlotte Runners' "Five on the Booty" run for the first time since October. I like this run and wish I could make it more often. After some weeping and gnashing of teeth, I decided to make this a tempo. I showed up early to get in 3 easy miles and then joined the group. The attendance was sparse today on account of the holidays and, likely, the rainy weather.

As Adrienne, John Cendroski, and some other dude settled into AA's half-marathon pace, I strode ahead with the intentions of clipping sub-7 for mile one. I did that, but then I had the Queens Road hill to deal with, and I was feeling awfully tight. I had thoughts of scrapping this thing, stretching, and finishing up with the group. I put those thoughts out of my mind, however, and started to burn a bit on the flat Selwyn section. I sandwiched splits of 6:27 and 6:29 around a 6:47 down Queens West - slowing only because I didn't have a headlamp and was concerned about falling on my face.

I cheered in the rest of the group, did a quick cooldown, then called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment