Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Little Lights...Are Not Twinkling!

Distance: 13.47 mi.
Time: 1:40:39 - 7:29 ppm.
Map

For this afternoon's long run, I tried to plan my route around checking on the valets downtown and also somehow making it to the CRC Christmas Lights Run, which would start across from Freedom Park at 5:30. I had been slacking majorly lately, and while that may not be a bad thing, I decided I was ready to kick-start my training again.

I made a point to keep a pretty decent pace throughout this thing, and did so with many sub-7:20 miles through Dilworth, Wilmore, and downtown. I left Capital Grille around 5:20 and headed over to the park. I hadn't taken into consideration that I would be warmed up (8 miles in) and no one else would, so the pace flew up to nearly 8:30 for the first two miles of the lights run. Oh, well. With a map in my hand and Lamperski, B-Mac, Kent, and everyone else in tow, I decided to lead the group on a tour of lights.

Mike Kahn, Megan Hovis, Allison Reed, Anthony Monaghan, Jason Meulemans, Kent Morris, Chris Lamperski, Brian McMahon, Greg Isaacs, and John Fillette were among the men and women I shared miles with this evening. It was an enjoyable experience but we all agreed the Queens West/Hillside neighborhoods would have involved a lot more lights. No matter, it was a nice night out and fun.

Back at the park, I chatted with Jade, Brian, Spada, Billy, and a few more. I was getting tight and cold and still had a couple more miles to run, however, so I didn't stay long. Today was a good effort that I needed to shake off the December cobwebs.

2 comments:

  1. Damn it all, we ran on that side of town last year and everyone complained there weren't enough lights. Someone else can pick the effing route next year.

    ReplyDelete