Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday Riser

Distance: 9.27 mi.
Time: 1:10:47.9 - 7:39 ppm.
Map and Elevation Profile

As discussed, this week marks the beginning of another marathon training cycle. I love the way that looks on my computer screen. It seems as though I just finished the last one, and really, I guess that's the case. The truth is that I have recovered well and felt remarkably fresh in the days since Thunder Road. More importantly, the training has left me feeling fit and I want to build on that. I am confident that my body will continue to hold up, although I certainly plan to take increasing measures to ensure that is the case.

Today I started at Old Bell and ran up Sardis through the neighborhoods behind Boyce Park. This neighborhood features some steep, rolling hills and very lovely homes. It's obviously much nicer on the side closest to Sardis and gets increasingly worse as you approach Monroe Road.

I was pleased with today's run. If you look at the elevation profile in the link at the top, you can see this was an effort that involved a good number of hills, and I still managed 7:39 pace for the whole thing without any tribulation. I write comments like this in my blog so that I'll know how I felt when I go back and review my own training.

No comments:

Post a Comment