Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Can't Get Out Of Dilworth

Distance: 9.63 mi.
Time: 1:12:08.7 - 7:30 ppm.

Despite Monday's run at near McAlpine, I have been a major road warrior these days. I believe simulation is best, and as long as my body doesn't feel the wear and tear, the roads may be the law of the day for awhile. Actually, that's complete crap; I'm just a creature of habit, and I've gotten in the habit of running in the roads around Dilworth and Myers Park for awhile now instead of hitting the trails.

At the end of today's run, I found myself side-by-side with a dad and his young son, who were on bikes. I couldn't help but overhear their conversation, as Dad was explaining to an inquisitive Junior that he needn't worry about the upcoming mountain trip - the family would be safe from the advances of Bigfoot. Now that's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment