Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tempo? Why not?

Tempo Run: 7.0 mi. in 47:43.01 - 6'50" ppm. Splits: 719, 723, 655, 646, 628, 623, 626.
Cooldown: 6.72 mi. in 21:12.4 - 7'48" ppm.
Tempo Run Map

I woke up a little late today; nevertheless, I decided to hit the road for some miles. I had tentative plans to make it a faster effort - a tempo run, I guess. I started out a bit quick but settled into it, and when I got to the hill on Morehead Street I picked up the pace. The next thing I knew, I was comfortably cruising at about 6:45-50 per mile. When the terrain leveled a bit, I picked up the pace even more, headed down East and through the Speed Loop. This is, of course, a very rolling neighborhood. When I came to an uphill my pace would shoot up to near 7' per mile, but when things leveled out or I had a slight downhill it would dip under 6. This was a pretty quick pace for me for a 7-mile tempo. I've gotten really good at pushing myself even when solo. My splits for the last three miles were 6:28, 6:23, and 6:26, with the latter including those sharp inclines on Queens West and Radcliffe Avenue. I was pleased with the proceedings of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment