Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Failing The Common Sense Test

Distance: 12.44 mi.
Time: 1:37:18.76 - 7:50 ppm.

I felt like crap today. I can't remember the last time I didn't feel great, or at least pretty good, on a run. I was due for a reality check, or at least a reminder that, "Hey, it might not be a great idea to skip the middle of the week and cram all your training in at the end," which is pretty much what I ended up doing this week. This new training plan, while exciting, is going to be much more demanding than my last one. I can move days around but I can't afford to skip multiple days just because I don't feel like running. We all have bad days and I'm not worried about today, but I did run 28-plus in three days straight, so I was kind of asking for it. Lesson learned, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment