Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Savannah cruiser

My sister's family moved to Savannah this fall, and while she's been back a couple times I had yet to go see her.  I was looking forward to celebrating Turkey Day in unfamiliar territory - and we also had my niece's second birthday to celebrate.

I must say, my skills as an uncle are pretty off-the-charts, and my niece is the cutest kid of all-time!  We ask her, "Lilyana, where's your little sister?"  and she pats her mother's belly (my sister is six months pregnant with another girl).  I got her to play "track and field" with me, which basically involved me setting up a large (to her) obstacle in the middle of the room and having her sprint towards it, wild eyed, as I picked her up and flipped her over it.

....And at the grandparents' house, we can hang on the rim!

I had an easy day today, so I mapped a seven-mile out-and-back from my sister's house.  She lives in suburban Savannah, about a ten-minute drive from uptown.  I felt pretty good on the run, despite the car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment