Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Carolina Smoothie Run

My business partner somehow managed to contract the flu, strep throat, SARS, mad cow disease, and lord knows what else all in the same week, so I've been picking up some slack at work in addition to the fun stuff and the running responsibilities.  I didn't think I was going to be able to run today but being the diligent worker that I am I completed my tasks in record time.  I still didn't have much time to go very far but I really wanted a smoothie for some reason, so I headed up through Dilworth and ran a little over three miles from the Carolina Smoothies parking lot.  Since it was a short run, I ran about 7:03 pace through Latta Park and the surrounding areas before devouring a 32-ounce 120 volts with protein boost.  Gahhhhhh, I love that place.

There is something funky going on with my left leg.  I have put close to 400 miles on my shoes but while I know I need a new pair soon, I don't think that's the problem.  It bothers me some when I first get out of bed or when I push off suddenly but doesn't seem to hurt too much when I run, so it can't be serious, right?  If I spend some time stretching after I wake then it goes away.  I'm not terrified but it's more than just something to keep an eye on right now.

I've been monitoring my left leg so closely these days that I decided to take a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment