Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Easy Miles on Soft Trails

My left leg began to bother me more after my 20-mile run with David and Dan, and I don't think the day off (Monday) really helped, either.  I thought maybe some miles at McAlpine, on the dirt instead of the pavement, would help me feel a little bit better.  I headed to the Sardis lot and just ran through the course and back.  I noticed the tall grass along the trail had been cut down to the ground, which made me feel sorry for the deer.  There isn't much to report here.  I'm really not enjoying my easy runs lately; the only point is to keep the miles up and force myself to not run too fast.  I've found myself just wanting to get through them and go do something else.  I ran 7 miles in 53:44/7:41 pace.

I'm right in the midst of the hardest part of my training cycle now.  I just completed my second 20-mile run, a week after doing a fast 19-mile run, and I have the hardest workout of the cycle tomorrow and a 22-mile run (ye gods) scheduled for the weekend.  So yeah, I'm a little worn out, I'm worried about my left leg, and I can't seem to eat enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment