Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Easy run in the rain

I got back from Savannah Saturday afternoon, but I didn't do a long run Sunday.  My niece did her part to make sure we all got the minor cough and cold she was dealing with, so I slept in Sunday and rested all day.  Today, I ran a 7-mile route from home that I have come to really like: I start up the hill on Randolph and cut through a small neighborhood with some really steep hills, then cross Providence and Sharon Roads before winding through the Queens neighborhoods near the school.  I was wearing a sleeveless shirt that I've had for years and noticed it had become quite tattered.  It was also very uncomfortable because the rain was coming down fairly hard, so I took off the shirt and ditched in a wastebasket at the Queens welcome center parking lot.  I finished my run in 7:22 per mile and felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment