Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Loving McAlpine

I didn't run yesterday because I was slammed with work, but I set out to do an easy eight this morning.  I visited with my parents for a bit before heading to McAlpine before noon.  Some of my training buddies have made comments about being tired of McAlpine, which is blasphemous talk to me.  At Charlotte Christian, these trails served as our backyard, so I honed my skills here at the early part of my running career.  If you want to go back really far, my first physical fitness endurance run in elementary school, which I won, was also held here.  I can't run at McAlpine every day but as long as I don't need to go more than ten miles, it's perfect.  Today, I just did an eight-mile out-and-back.  I completed that in 1:00:03, right at 7:30 pace, which seems to be the name of the game these days for my easy runs.  That's a positive sign.

1 comment:

  1. I miss McAlpine... those are awesome running trails - I get sick of pounding the pavement all the time ...

    ReplyDelete