Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dowd Half-Marathon

Don't get excited - I didn't run in this race.  The half-marathon distance does not appeal to me as anything more than a training run.  Eggers and Mike Mitchell, however, did run in this race and yes, they viewed it as a training run.  I decided to show up for a bit to offer my support.

It was pretty cold outside this morning and I was glad I wasn't racing.  I had planned to meet Emily and Kati from the CRC at the corners of Kenilworth and Morehead, but I arrived before they did so I decided to head up the street a bit to see the runners come through.  I waited for what seemed like an eternity before the lead runner, someone I didn't recognize, finally came by.  He was followed by Billy Shue a few moments later.  I had only met Mitchell once, when we were in college, so I didn't completely recognize him when he came through in 4th place.  Not long after that, Eggers came through, dressed in all black.  I got excited and cheered and yelled at him, all the while trying to take some pictures, which turned out horribly.  I sprinted up ahead to the intersection where Emily and Kati were waiting so I could take another picture of Dan, but that one didn't turn out well, either. 

Mitchell, whose training has been phenomenal, ran an awesome race and Dan did really well, too.  They both bemoaned the fact that the pack pulled them through the first mile a bit faster than they would have liked.  You can read Dan's race recap here

Full results.

No comments:

Post a Comment