Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Run with Laura

Distance: 6.28 miles.
Time: 51:06.
Pace: 8:09.

Every Tuesday, Theoden organizes a run that meets from the Observer and goes on various routes. Adrienne and her friend Laura are usually present but this was my first time. Since Theoden couldn't make it, this was actually the "Run with Laura" instead of the "Run with Theoden." I met Matt Bush and a couple other people as we set off past the Dowd and ran down the path next to the light rail.

It was certainly neat to run down the light rail path; I'd never done that before and I'm always up for new routes. However, it will be an oven soon, as there's no shade, and I found it to be a bit unsafe. You have to cross the tracks several times and the warnings of oncoming trains seem insufficient to me. There just seems to be an issue, in general, with light rail safety.

Anyway, it was a fun group but my achilles bothered me more than it did yesterday. I've started icing it some, but while this is a recurring issue, I don't remember it being this bad before. I'm not that worried, but stay tuned, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment