Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Matthews Double

Distance: 6.76 mi.
Time: 49:39.59.
Pace: 7:21.

After a total of three hours in the car, I was more than ready for run number two. I had planned to help my sister's hubby move some stuff, so I was stationed at my parents' house in Lake Park waiting for his call. When the call came that he was going to be an hour late, I decided to head over to downtown Matthews to get in some more miles.

I enjoyed a pleasant stroll down the Four Mile Creek Greenway that cuts a swath through downtown/suburban  Matthews, all the while enjoying my Karhus. It's honestly hard to run slow in these things; I'm going to have to work on that.

Truth be told, I was pretty beat up when I got down. My groin and glutes were so tight that I wanted to stop and walk, or perhaps beg my girlfriend for a massage. Instead I downed a protein shake and spent the next three hours lifting heavy furniture. That helps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment