Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Rejuvenating Miles

Distance: 14.34 mi.
Time: 1:48:55.83 mi.
Pace: 7:36.

I did not feel the slightest bit motivated to go long today, but changing the mindset was exactly the goal as I slapped on the Karhus. I wanted something to get my mind back in the mood to run. My achilles has been feeling remarkably better of late, but I've also experienced a good bit of tightness in the left hamstring-glute-groin areas. Some icing, stretching, massaging, and hydrating has helped but this was a bit of a tough run to get through.

I met Adrienne nearly four miles in at Freedom Park, and running with her for six miles made this one go by significantly faster. We toured through the neighborhoods, making a point to stay on the side streets and take in the scenery. I bid her adieu back at the park and set off down the greenway for the rest of my run. Despite some serious tightness earlier on, I rebounded and felt better near the end. I would love to heal the ailments, but I clearly haven't lost much in the way of fitness.

I didn't know it at the time, but this would be the last time I set out my door to run from Eastover. It was a good way to end four years of running from this neighborhood, the final 18 months of which have been significantly more purposeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment