Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Mileage, Out of Order

Distance: 9.3 mi.
Time: 1:09:18.
Pace: 7:28.

I attempted something in the form of a long run today, even though it's Friday. I agreed to go down to Greenville with my better half to watch as she paced her sister in the Reedy River 10k. I had also offered to help my brother-in-law move a load of furniture. So I have a full weekend planned. Time to do some work on a Friday morning.

Heavy morning storms prevented this thing from being any longer, but I put in 9+ at an easy 7:28 pace. My upper legs are still pretty tight but I felt better than I did yesterday. I did the one section of the Corporate Cup course with which I wasn't familiar, and it's going to be a doozy. There's a long, gradual climb up Colony Road past Myers Park High. This is around the 10th mile and will likely be the make-or-break portion of the course, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment