Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Karhus and a Sports Massage

Distance: 4.11 mi.
Time: 32:36.
Pace: 7:56.

It would appear that AA doesn't think I'm a complete idiot, as she has followed my lead by joining the Karhu family. Truth be told, she's thought about it before, too, but one quick spin in the female version of the Fast 2 had her sold. We started our day by trying those on at Inside-Out Sports and then redeeming her silly decision to buy a pair of Newtons at Charlotte Running Company.

For today's run we both threw on our new shoes and ran a four-mile loop around the Freedom Park area. After the run, Adrienne, a licensed massage therapist, threw me on the table and went to work on my sore legs. Think of this treatment more as physical therapy than a massage. The idea is to help the muscles recover and prevent injury. It works. Adrienne's office is at Carolina Sports Massage on 7th Street, and I will be back. For now I am feeling refreshed and ready for one more hard workout before the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment