Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Testing the Aches

Distance: 9.34 mi.
Time: 1:08:12.39.
Pace: 7:19.

As mentioned in last week's post, I decided to get in some extended rest in order to cure some of the aches and pains. Today I wanted to test how things felt so I parked on Princeton Avenue and cruised through the park and down the greenway. I instantly felt like I could handle some more miles so I wandered on over to the Philosopher's Stone to check out the Meetup scenery.

David Schenck got out a little quick, so naturally I just had to chase him, and next thing you know my "test" run had become a nice little tempo through the million-dollar homes of Eastover. It felt nice to push but I was in no condition for such an effort, and it wasn't long before I just packed it in and stopped to stretch. David passed by and asked if I was ok and I gave him the "thumbs-up" signal while stretching and drinking water (there's a fountain at Colville and Dotger..). I had turned a couple of 6:30s but my hamstring locked up near the fourth mile since we had left P-Stone.

After I felt sufficiently hydrated, I headed back towards Freedom Park by way of the Booty Loop, stopping for water and to stretch a couple more times. In addition to the aches, I'm also a little worried about some extra pounds I've put on, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue at this point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment