Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Reunited

Distance: 7.03 mi.
Time: 53:53.36.
Pace: 7:40.

Today I was still hurting but nonetheless met up with Mitchell and B-Baum at Old Bell for some miles. Like me, Mike is on a downward cycle after some hard training, only his hasn't lasted 5 weeks. Ha! Brian wanted to make a real long run out of this but the three of us managed to run a few miles together before parting ways.

The Sarcoma Stomp 5k was being held today at McAlpine, and we stopped for awhile to watch the runners compete. For some reason, these McAlpine races always seem to be kept secret. I would think most runners would love a chance to race here after being on the roads all the time, but for whatever reason, I never hear of any of them and they are usually poorly attended. Today was no exception. I believe Cory Tretsky won with a time in the low 17s.

My achilles didn't bother me too much today but I'm still dealing with some tightness elsewhere in the legs. Mitchell opined that my legs were just beat up after months of higher mileage between the full and the half. I contested that I didn't take much recovery time after Thunder Road and I'm now five weeks away from Corporate Cup; however, given the nature of my job - being on my feet all the time - I think it's safe to say the legs could use some rest here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment