Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beatty Tempo

Distance: 6.3 mi.

Warmup: 1.84 mi.
Workout: 3 mi. tempo.
Cooldown: 1.46 mi.

Today found me back at Beatty for the second workout of the week, a short tempo run. I felt bloated and dehydrated, and it was a little hot. After a short cooldown I took off around the park roads, looping around fields and past picnic tables here and there. I dealt with some sharp turns and some unexpected inclines, but this type of terrain suits me during workouts because I think it prepares me for race courses better than running on a track would.

19:13.14 - 6:25 avg. 6:20.2, 6:19.3, 6:33.6.

After a short warmup and a quick start, I wasn't surprised to find myself bonking mile three. I debated hitting 'start' on the watch and throwing in a fourth mile in an attempt to save this thing, but I was pressed for time. I just did what I always do and blocked out the bad thoughts. The odd terrain and the sharp turns on my course today made it extremely difficult to keep the tempo, but I mean that in a good way. Train hard, race easy. I'll be back, Beatty Park. I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment