Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Disobeying Orders

Distance: 9.8 mi.

Today, I set out for my run around 6pm after messing around in my new apartment all day. I missed the burrito training run with Caitlin and Thomas but did run into the girls at the Speed Loop plus Fillette, Eric, and Jamaar. After that I decided I wanted to try to catch up with the Charlotte Runners "five on the booty" group. I joined them where Queens crosses Sherwood - right before it turns into Selwyn. It was clear I was at the back of the pack, which of course triggered my competitive instinct and led to me running much faster than I'm supposed to right now. I can at least say the pace didn't really get quick until the last mile or more, though. I ran a 6:42 and then split just under 6 minutes for .96 miles.

I did a long cooldown back to the apartment for a total of 9.8 miles on the day, then iced my heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment