Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Beatty Trail Run

Distance: 6.03 mi.
Time: 53:50.
Pace: 8:56.

I have enjoyed my recent experiences in Beatty Park. Since today would be an easy day, I decided to explore the trails. This would prove to be a pretty nostalgic afternoon, as I have fond memories of this place from back in the day. It's just that these trails are awfully technical, which can make running difficult.

I had forgotten just how technical the trails were, but I hadn't forgotten where to go. Surprisingly, I never got lost. I meandered around in the woods, circling the park and the lake until it spit me out back onto the road, right near the entrance. My Garmin put forth a valiant effort trying to keep up, but it recorded some pretty wacky splits. Here's the map. You can set it to 'satellite' view and zoom in. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment