Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week in Review

Total Distance: 33.51 miles
Dedicated Time: 04:17:58 h:m:s

This was another pathetic week mileage-wise, but I got in a really good workout and a good long run, so that's all that really matters. I elected not to run the Blue Points 5k after dropping another $85 on running shoes, but at least I feel I don't have to worry about whether or not a crappy pair of Brooks or Mizunos is going to last this time.

I did not run today, but I got in a unique brand of cross-training in the form of pushing a heavy stroller all over Tweetsie Railroad in Blowing Rock. My brother has gone back overseas, but his wife and two sons were here, along with my sister and her girls, my parents, and my sister's childhood best friend, Robin. My youngest nephew, Thomas, is completely insane and he and I entertained ourselves thoroughly by testing out all the scariest rides and generally giving his grandmother a heart attack on multiple occasions. The aforementioned stroller was frequently laden with purses, bags, umbrellas, food, water bottles, and two kids, and the hills at Tweetsie are no joke. So I'm not being a jokester when I say I did some cross-training. Thomas kept asking, "Uncle Jason, how are you not tired?" I told him that as his uncle I have special powers that prevent me from ever getting tired. This answer seemed satisfactory to him. Luckily he didn't see me sleeping the entire ride home as he was in the other car.


No comments:

Post a Comment