Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

It's Football Season!

Distance: 5.13 mi.
Time: 00:39:45 - 7:45 ppm.
Running Buddy

I started from the Dowd and ran towards the stadium. I went past the Doghouse bar on Morehead, where the WFNZ guys - McClain and Celania were set up for the day. I was kind of hoping they would be outside so I could say something stupid, but no dice. I ran around the stadium and the practice fields for a bit.

I have not been this excited for a Panthers season since 2006, the last time we were expected to contend for the Super Bowl (that did not work out too well). We have a charismatic rookie quarterback in Cam Newton and a hard-nosed, risk-taking first-year coach in Ron Rivera. The coaching staff as a whole seems ready to throw out some surprises, and there is talent on this roster left over from years past. I don't think the team will have a winning season and our division is brutal this year - but they will most definitely be fun to watch. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment