Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getting it Done

Warmup - 2.11 mi in 00:16:31 - 7:50 ppm.
Workout - 2 x 3-mile with 3:30 rest. 20:15, 20:38.
Cooldown - 1.66 mi in 00:13:43 - 8:17 ppm.

I went out for beers again last night after work, and I elected to skip breakfast and lunch as I haggled on the computer all morning, so I didn't feel like I was exactly in prime condition to attempt what would no doubt be a pretty tough workout. I did it, though: the first step was dragging myself over to McAlpine, followed by quickly hydrating and just convincing myself to fight through the pain.

Fight through the pain, I did. I pushed myself today better than I had in awhile. Granted, I haven't done many long workouts like this in awhile, but still. I did not have a whole lot of energy and my Garmin had me running what was closer to a 5k than 3 miles, but I got this thing done. The fastest mile I recall turning was a 6:38 opener on my second set, and the slowest probably about a 6:55 on the hill mile during that same set. I am most proud of how I was able to respond to slowing up the hill and then hanging on for the last mile-plus afterward. My plan said to do 6:39 for tempo pace if 7:00 is marathon goal pace, and my MGP is probably a tad slower so the 6:45/6:52 average was right in the ballpark. I wish I had been able to run the second one faster, but again, not bad, especially given the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment